Are you looking for NLP in Letchworth, or NLP in Hertfordshire? Look no further, it would be our pleasure to assist you in unlocking your full potential.
What is NLP?
Neuro linguistic programming (NLP) is a revolutionary approach to communication and personal development, sometimes referred to as the art and science of personal excellence. What exactly does NLP mean?
- Neuro – your nervous system and how you utilise it. We experience the world through our senses and we will each have a different way of processing this information.
- Linguistic – your language patterns, how we give meaning to experience through the use of language. You communicate your conscious and unconscious thoughts verbally and non verbally.
- Programming – the ways in which we consistently think or behave. We have specific behaviour patterns that we have learned over years. We all develop automatic responses to cope with everyday life and are usually unaware of the steps that lead us to the response because they are habits we have used over a period of time. Just like a computer program, these behaviours can be modified and changed if they are unhelpful.
We are all born the same and this means we are all capable of great things if we have the right resources. By learning what our own processes are, and then how other people achieve their goals we can use these behaviours by modelling ourselves on them. This doesn’t mean copying or becoming someone who isn’t you. This is achieved by asking the person how they think, analysing their body language, what they do and then incorporating aspects of their behaviour to achieve excellent results.
NLP has developed a set of four rules for success. These are sound principles for achieving success in all areas of your life.
- Know what you want – this needs to be stated in a positive way, we get what we focus on so if you’re focused on ‘not being stressed’ you will probably still experience stress because this isn’t a positive affirmation. ‘I will be relaxed and content’ is a better way of stating the same outcome. Most people aren’t specific enough about their goals. You know what you don’t want but what is it that you really want to work towards. Knowing what you don’t want can give great insight into what you would like more of in your life, the end goal just needs to be stated in a positive way.
- Take action to get it – Saying you want to lose weight but never finding the motivation to exercise won’t assist you in achieving your goal. You need motivation and focus to achieve your goals, you don’t need a complete plan but you need an end in mind to really begin on your journey to great success.
- Be flexible in your approach – Ever found yourself slogging away at a problem in the same way and wondering why you can’t achieve the results you want? A change in your approach could be the key to your success. Try something different and if that doesn’t work try another way. Keeping your final goal in mind will give you all the motivation you need to try out various methods to achieve your goals.
- Be aware – Being aware in every situation will assist you in pin pointing what behaviours you need to work on and what you need to do to progress with your goals.
How can NLP help?
NLP is a way of modifying behaviours that are holding you back, using NLP techniques will assist you in achieving your goals in an easy and enjoyable way.
If you are looking for NLP in Hertfordshire, call us today on 01438 358174 to discuss your goals further.
As is common in therapy, results may vary from individual to individual and no specific outcome can be promised or guaranteed. Your therapist will however, endeavour to accomplish the objective of your sessions to the best of her ability.