Podcast 17: Manage your weight with hypnotherapy. Looking at how hypnotherapy can help you change your weight in a relaxed and stress free way. There will also be a free hypnotherapy audio at the end of this podcast that you can enjoy, keep and come back to time and time again.
In the last podcast I talked about how you can build a better body image with hypnotherapy. If you haven’t heard this yet I’d highly recommend going back to this if you’d like to feel better about yourself and love the skin you’re in. Next week I will be discussing how you can build motivation to exercise with hypnotherapy.
Before you listen to this podcast you need to decide if you just want to lose weight, or do you actually need to lose weight. Do you have an altered body image. This can be hard to judge if you think friends are just “being nice” wen you ask them about your size or shape.
- Always speak to your GP before losing weight, you might be experiencing thyroid or other problems.
- Check your BMI, is this over 25
- Pain in your joints, or excessive breathlessness
- Type 2 diabetes, you need to maintain a healthy weight if you have type 2 diabetes
Being overweight can cause a few other health challenges, the most common other cognitive challenges include:
- Low self esteem
- Low confidence
Physical problems, complications include
- Type 2 diabetes, if you have diabetes it is important you maintain a healthy weight
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart attack
You can use hypnotherapy to help you manage your weight in many different ways.
Remember there is no magic cure to weightloss, the only way to lose weight is to use more calories than you consume. Hypnotherapy can help you reduce calories and increase activity.
- Overcome cravings, enjoy what you eat. Change your reactions to foods so you enjoy the food rather than wishing you could be eating something else
- Break down mental blocks to exercise with hypnotherapy, build your confidence so you are happy to commit to an exercise plan
- Not a quick fix, it is a lifestyle change. You can’t change overnight or change by making drastic changes that are uncomfortable. Steady progress that can be measured and that is sustainable. Crash diets don’t work because you lose weight quickly, your body goes into starvation mode and will store more fat so it needs to be a steady change in weight.
- Are you happy to keep up the new changes for the rest of your life? If your habits caused you to gain weight, you change for a bit but then go back to those old patterns the weight will come back so you need to make change that you are comfortable keeping up.
Today’s podcast will include techniques you can use to build a better body image in a relaxed and calm state of body and mind.
There are numerous techniques that can help you build a better body image so if you find you need more help visit www.altptherapies.co.uk to have a bespoke recording made for you with your challenges in mind.