Podcast 28: How to overcome dentist phobia with hypnotherapy
Today I’ll be briefly talking about
- Odontophobia – dentist phobia
- Why and how some people experience this type of phobia
- And my 5 top tips to help you overcome this type of phobia which includes how you can use hypnotherapy to make your next dentist appointment more enjoyable.
There will also, as usual be a free audio at the end of this podcast that you can enjoy, keep and come back to time and time again.
This week’s podcast is part of a mini series which started with episode 26 where I talked about anxiety, in the last episode Overcome phobias with hypnotherapy I looked at general overview of phobias.
The NHS website states that 1 in 4 people dread going to the dentist, if you are one of those who go cold at the thought of the dentist this podcast is for you.
It could be because of a bad experience or a build up of negative feelings. Perhaps you’ve heard a horror story or been influenced by horror movies. However you got to this point you can be assured that you can overcome this and visit the dentist with confidence.
Fears and phobias can be experienced in many different ways. Maybe it’s the sound of the dentist or the smell. You might even find just the thought of the dentist is enough to bring you out in a cold sweat. Commonly people who are in a state of fear or phobia experience
- Anxiety or fear
- Feel hot all over
- Heart beats faster
- Might feel sick
- Palms feel sweaty
- Or even have a panic attack
- Have an overwhelming urge to get away from the trigger
The benefits of going to the dentist regularly include
- Having strong, healthy teeth
- Being in control of your body
- Less risk of dentures or lost teeth later in life
- Lowered risk of complicated procedures
LISTEN TO THIS WEEK’S PODCAST FOR MY 5 TOP TIPS TO HELP YOU OVERCOME PHOBIAS WITH HYPNOTHERAPY.
Today’s hypnotherapy audio includes techniques you can use to reduce your anxiety and build resources that’ll make visiting the dentist more enjoyable.
There are many techniques that we can use to help you overcome phobias so if you find you need more help visit www.altptherapies.co.uk to have a bespoke recording made for you with your challenges in mind.Thanks for listening, see you next week!