Are you looking for NLP in Letchworth, or NLP in Hertfordshire? Look no further, we can help you unlock your full potential.
What is NLP?
Neuro linguistic programming (NLP) is a revolutionary approach to communication and personal development, sometimes referred to as the art and science of personal excellence. What exactly does NLP mean?
- Neuro: The nervous system and how we use it. We experience the world through our senses and we each have a different way of processing this information.
- Linguistic: Language patterns, how we give meaning to experience through the use of language. You communicate your conscious and unconscious thoughts verbally and non verbally.
- Programming: The ways we consistently think or behave. We have specific behaviour patterns that we learn over years. We all develop automatic responses to cope with everyday life and are usually unaware of the steps that lead us to the response because they are habits we use over a period of time. Just like a computer program, these behaviours can be modified and changed if they are unhelpful.
We are all born the same which means we are all capable of great things if we have the right resources. By learning what our own processes are, and looking at how other people achieve their goals we can use these behaviours by modelling ourselves on them. This doesn’t mean copying or becoming someone who isn’t you, it means looking at what others do and then incorporating aspects of their behaviour to help us achieve our goals.
How does NLP work?
NLP has developed a set of four rules for success. These are sound principles for achieving success in all areas of your life.
- Know what you want – Be specific about your goals and state them in a positive way. It’s easy to fall into the trap of focusing on what we don’t want. We get what we focus on so if you’re focused on ‘not being stressed’ we will probably still experience stress. If you know what you don’t want, what would the opposite be? Why not try “I am relaxed and calm” or “I can do this” today.
- Take action to get it – Saying you want to lose weight but never finding the motivation to exercise won’t help you achieve your goal. You need motivation and focus to achieve your goals, you don’t need a complete plan but you need an end in mind to really begin on your journey to great success.
- Be flexible in your approach – Ever found yourself slogging away at a problem in the same way and wondering why you can’t achieve the results you want? A change in approach could be the key to your success. Try something different and if that doesn’t work try another way. Keeping your final goal in mind will give you all the motivation you need to try out different methods.
- Be aware – Being aware in every situation will assist you in pinpointing what behaviours you need to work on and what you need to do to progress with your goals.
How can NLP help?
NLP is a way of modifying behaviours that are holding you back, using NLP techniques will assist you in achieving your goals in an easy and enjoyable way.
If you are looking for NLP in Hertfordshire, call us today on 01438 358174 to discuss your goals further.
As is common in therapy, results may vary from individual to individual and no specific outcome can be promised or guaranteed. Your therapist will however, endeavour to accomplish the objective of your sessions to the best of her ability.